- Visit your local library to pick out some great books, movies, tools, knitting needles, bakeware, who knows what else!?! It’s a great way to get out of the heat and expand one’s mind.
- Hit the local pool. Don’t belong to a pool? Many will let you try them out if you’re thinking of joining. Is your pool all filled? Try a neighborhood pool a few blocks away. Here in Northern Virginia there are neighborhoods overflowing (like the pun there?!) with members and others are just thirsting (again!) for new ones.
- Hit a movie. You could go to the latest release (during the day prices are cheaper) or you could go to a theater near a university and see an older flick, but pay pennies on the dollar of what you’d pay at the newer sparkly multiplex.
- Build a fort indoors. C’mon, you all remember building forts with blankets and chairs and the couch.
- Make some sort of cool refreshing treat. Smoothies are a fun way to cook without heating up the kitchen. And kids love getting involved.
- Make something from your garden (if you have one, or your farmer’s market if you don’t). We made some delicious guacamole and salsa last night to keep the house cool. That with a bit of chili and some chips, lettuce and sour cream and we were feasting!
- Settle into a good book. Whether you prefer reading on paper or an e-reader or if you’d prefer to be read to via an audio book launch yourself into a wonderful story and escape the everyday heat and humidity (Perhaps some “White Fang” or “The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe” with their cooler scenes to help you beat the heat.) with a free trial on audible.com
- Clean out and donate some items in your home. The flowchart found here will help. Then, here are some of the places suggested for donations. Win, win!
- Practice some of those stretches and exercises you’ve put off trying. Or work on some new hairstyles.
- Write…a short story, a play, a letter, a novel, an epitaph. Whatever you feel to write at the time. Go here for inspiration and great tips!
- Follow Sarah-M-Dipity on WordPress.com
- Love or Oxygen?Today is Valentine’s Day. Some say love is in the air. Others say, no…it’s simply oxygen. It’s a day some look forward to all year long. Flowers, dinner, cards, hearts, love, hugs, kisses, romance. People share their feelings with one … Continue reading →
- Love or Oxygen?
- 10minutenovelists afghanistan Alzheimer's authors babies baby bible blog book club books cancer change characters children Christine Kane christmas competition death dementia deployment dogs education exercise facebook faith family fear feedback first words fun God grace gratitude hero holiday homeschool hope infertility kids life loss Lost love military mother Mothers move moving mysteries nanowrimo nature NJ novel one little word organization PA phoenix procrastination recipes resolutions running secondary infertility snow toddler toddlers travel truth twitter vacation vizsla volunteer Win winter writing writing group
- 5,619 hits
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets