In case anyone else needs a bit of help procrastinating, I just found this list over on this site and thought I’d share.
RULES FOR WRITERS
1. Verbs HAS to agree with their subjects.
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3. And don’t start a sentence with a conjunction.
4. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
5. Avoid clichés like the plague. (They’re old hat.)
6. Be more or less specific.
8. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
9. Also too, never, ever use repetitive redundancies.
10. No sentence fragments.
11. Don’t use no double negatives.
12. Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something.
13. Eschew obfuscation.
Okay…that’s enough… Now, back to writing with the both of us! Chop! Chop!